Save a tree and use linen napkins for your holiday feast! According to the National Christmas Tree Association, it can take an average of 7 years to grow a Christmas tree of typical height (6-7 ft). This festive napkin fold will not take you nearly as long to grow and will be sure to dazzle your restaurant patrons and family for the holidays. This simple trick can add that little extra pizazz to your tables to keep the holiday spirit shining bright!
Spread the napkin joy!
- 1. Start with your napkin flat – Fold napkin to make a rectangle and then again to make a square
- 2. Move the napkin so it makes a diamond shape and start folding the layers up towards the top – make sure you can see each layer so put each one a little lower than the first
- 3. Flip the napkin over and fold the left point directly across to the other side
- 4. Repeat with the right side – you should have an upside down tree with a tail
- 5. Flip the napkin over again (it should start to look like a tree)
- 6. Fold each layer towards the top tucking each one into the pocket above it
- 7. Tada!