“Even though we are ORANGE we’ve always been GREEN“
Since our founding in 1934 we have been committed to running an environmentally responsible business. We value being a socially responsible company and strive to help our customers and associates reduce their impact on the environment. Whether you are in need of table linen, bed linens, bath towels, medical or hospital apparel, our services and products can help your business be greener. Through these efforts Your Linen Service uses 64% less water, 73% less energy and 90% less chemicalswhen compared to doing laundry at home or on-site.
To reduce our energy consumption our Company continuously researches and invests in the latest technology. Our facilities and processes are efficient, with a focus on using less natural resources. Your Linen Service continuously implements new methods to reuse the water in the laundry process and use safer wash chemicals. To reduce the waste of our customers, our company provides eco-friendly products that can be reused and recycled. To support green laundry services, our Company is involved in “eco-friendly” organizations who promote greener solutions. We continuously look to maintain and create business relationships with partners and customers who share our “green” philosophy.
- Washing facilities use both natural and energy-efficient lighting.
- Locations are equipped with energy efficient steam generating systems.
- Use heat re-claimers to recapture the energy from used process water which is filtered before discharging back to our municipalities.
- Microprocessors control all linen and textile laundry wash formulas for both energy and detergent efficiency.
Delivery System and Recycling:
- Delivery fleet includes hybrid vehicles and fuel efficient aerodynamic vans.
- Computerized routing delivery system ensures reduced miles and delivery costs.
- Endorses recycling hangers used on all hung garments and encourages cloth gowns compared to paper gowns for our healthcare customers.
- Recycle pallets to the local people.
- Turn in chemical barrels to be reused by the manufacturer.
Green Laundry Service Equipment & Usage
- Build and operate the most modern, automated plants in the linen, laundry, and textile industry.
- Locations pre-sort, separate and arrange laundry by soil counting to ensure proper load size, correct wash formulas to reduce chemicals,
and reduce dry time.
- Washing systems incorporate normal batch washers which use half the water compared to conventional water extractors.
- Soap and starch are cooked on site and use only environmentally and natural chemicals to provide green laundry service.
Your Linen Service Offers Green Products
MicroTex Eco Towel
Allows users to absorb six times more liquid than cotton and requires less cleaning chemicals. The towel is hypo-allergenic and sanitary. We encourage our customers to be green and use reusable textile products that reduce the use of disposable goods, which fill landfills and increase our carbon footprint. All our efforts are aimed to reduce the use of precious natural resources and to make our communities a healthier place to live. Learn more about our Restaurant Service
Single Service Towels
One 45 yard SST processed 75 times replaces over 30,000 single fold paper towels. The decreased dependence on paper towels will lead to less litter and need for landfills. It limits the use of resources needed to produce paper towels. Our Company’s Eco-SST reduces janitorial and solid waste disposal cost by being four times more absorbent than paper. Learn more about our SSTs
One rental mat can equal up to 10 disposable mats. Nine times more waste in landfills when using disposable mats. The Reusable Walk off, Dust Control Mats we provide are proven to be more durable and absorb more dirt than the average disposable mat. Learn more about our Mat Services
Green Data for Laundry, Linen, and Textile Services
- 84% of U.S. consumers associate tables set with cloth linen environmentally friendly
- The average U.S. consumer uses 3 paper napkins per meal compared to 1 cloth napkin.
- By being a part of Laundry ESP we are helping achieve significant reductions per pound of textile laundered since 1997
– 24% reduction in CO2 emissions
– 27% reduction in total energy consumption, including
– 26% reduction in natural gas
– 9% reduction in electricity
– 75% reduction in fuel oil
– 81% decline in propane
– 30% in all hydrocarbon (production) fuels
– 10.9 trillion BTU reduced
– 33% reduction in gallons of water
Clean Green Certified
All of our laundry facilities have been awarded the Clean Green Certification by TRSA. The Clean Green Certification is given to companies who practice sustainable methods for green laundry service. Our facilities are highly automated and equipped with energy conserving technology to reduce the amount of resources needed to hygienically clean textiles and to reduce any waste from the process. We are proud to be recognized by the TRSA and applaud their efforts in making our environment cleaner. The TRSA started the Clean Green Certification to recognize companies that demonstrate responsible leadership in sustainability and conservation to protect the environment. The program acknowledges a textile service company’s continuing commitment to improving efficiencies in water and energy conservation and adoption of best management practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources. Certified textile services operations meet quality standards for effectiveness in conserving resources, controlling sewer discharges and otherwise minimizing environmental impact. For more information visit TRSA.
Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program
We are a founding member of the Laundry ESP, our industry’s EPA approved and endorsed Environmental Stewardship Program dedicated to resource conservation. “Part of the quality service we offer our customers is the knowledge that we are helping them reach their business goals, while reducing their impact on the environment,” states Struminger, President and COO of Your Linen Service. This voluntary pollution prevention and resource conservation program enables TRSA to facilitate the industry’s continued commitment to increasingly efficient use of natural resources. Read more about the Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program.
Virginia Green Supplier
Virginia Green is the statewide program that works to reduce the environmental impacts of Virginia’s Tourism Industry. It is run as a partnership between the Department of Environmental Quality, the Virginia Tourism Corporation and the Virginia Hospitality and Tourism Association. Read more about Virginia Green and the Virginia Hospitality and Tourism Association.